1. A Charlie Brown Christmas you knew I was gonna bust this one out right out of the gate. My Snoopy love is well-known and this has all the elements: Charlie Brown feeling bad for himself, Lucy charging five cents for Psychiatric Help, Snoopy mackin’ on the ladies…and the most quotable line of all, “It just needs a little love!” Of course! That’s what Christmas is all about.
2. For Better or For Worse: The Bestest Present this is the movie that will make you cringe when you hear “I wan my bunnnnnyyyyy” and then wish to whine it whenever you’re just feeling upset. Sorry for the poor video quality, but if you haven’t seen this classic, here’s your chance!
3. A Christmas Story is also a play…a play I was in…where I played a teacher (laugh all you like at that self-fulfilling prophesy). We all know and love the Red Rider BB gun line and the subsequent dismissal: “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!” There’s a good reason this movie is seen on TV a lot leading up to the holiday, and I hope I have a chance to watch it this season, too!
4. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer but mostly for Herbie, the flamboyant dentist elf. “Why am I such a misfit?” is the eternal refrain. And it’s good to remember “There’s always tomorrow!” I don’t want to spoil the story (as if you haven’t seen it a million times yourself!) but I love a movie where even the villain is redeemed and everyone can be happy!
5. A Muppet Family Christmas Christmas is the Muppet holiday! This movie has everything: Muppets. Fraggles. Sesame Street. Fozzie Bear takes a lead in this film, but don’t worry, everyone from Camilla to the Swedish Chef has a chance to shine!
January 30th – Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own