Comic Con has come and gone, and Halloween is near! Here are the costumes I would be wearing on Halloween *if* I didn’t have to work that night and *if* I had the energy and funds to pull them off!
1. Data, Star Trek: The Next Generation oh, of course I would fall for the Android! Why are the robots always my favourite? Is it offensive to call Data a “robot”? And is there a repulsion-attraction thing happening here that needs to be investigation by professional help? I don’t know. But I do know that I love Data, and want to honour him with genderbent costume homage!!!
2. Old Gregg, The Mighty Boosh Do you love me? How about some Bailey’s from a shoe? This costume would be so over-the-top and so much effort for practically nobody to get the reference.
3. Really Rosie, Really Rosie and the Nutshell Kids I watched this video so much when I was a kid. I definitely wanted to be as fabulous and confident as Rosie. Maybe I could muster that for a single night, say, Halloween? Her outfit is fantastic, would be easy to pull together, and if even ONE person got my reference, it would be DAY. MADE.
4. Columbia from Rocky Horror Picture Show or any character from that movie, really! Oh I would even dress up as Eddie if I thought I could pull it off – his was my favourite song the first time I saw the movie. But Columbia has a cloying sweetness and A GOLD TOP HAT and you can’t beat that eyebrow game!!
5. Frenchie from Grease most specifically, the pink-haired “Beauty School Dropout” outfit would be AMAZING and this one might actually be a future Comic Con cosplay TBH. Frenchie is just super sweet and wants to help but…mutilated earlobes instead. I love Grease so much and I think I am most like Frenchie. I mean, I’m not cool enough to be Rizzo, but I’m also certainly not as nice as Sandy!