Five Times I Totally Fangirled
1. Alan Cumming when I was 19 years old, I worked at the Target on Reno Blvd. One afternoon Sunday shift, customers kept remarking to me offhand that a famous person was in the store. Being a local star of the stage, I assumed they meant me. However, it soon became apparent that Alan Cumming was in the store! He didn’t come through my lane, but I chased him down anyway and made him sign a receipt to me. He is such a cute little slice of hawtness and I was shaking for the entire rest of the day that I had met the Master of Ceremonies from the revival cast of Cabaret!!
2. Lou Reed …came to a magic show I worked at. If that sentence sounds insane, it kind of is. He was totally messed up, acting weird and paranoid the whole time. He left early and I fought the impulse to chase him down the street and scream “I love Venus in Furs!!!” Alas, the man that got away.
3. Stan Lee so I’m leaving Comic Con 2013, walking down 35th street by myself, and there’s this guy who looks TOTALLY familiar surrounded by big dudes OH MY Flying Spaghetti Monster ITS STAN LEE. We walked together (tee hee) down 35th and I tried to snap a picture without bothering him. A bum on the street recognized him and was like, “hey Stan!” I felt like I was part of one of his famous cameos in all the Marvel movies!
4. Chris Hardwick performed at Caroline’s and I attended the later show. So the first audience was leaving, they’re clearing the room for the second show, and I head to the ladies room before the show and there’s this smiley blond guy shaking hands and I’m like “OMG HI!” And he throws his arm around me and snaps this totally epic celebrity selfie…and I got gersberms.
5. Tom/Colin Baker ComicCon 2013. I was strolling around the show floor when a friend texted me that Tom Baker, aka The Fourth Doctor, was signing autographs in the back near the Dalek table (you KNOW which one I mean). I screamed, nearly peed, and ran as fast as I could through the crowd to find…COLIN Baker. Aka the SIXTH Doctor. Who, by the way, was also totally awesome and after his panel I was a huge fan of HIS as well.
2 Comments Add yours
I can just feel your excitement through this post! LOL I love it!
I would totally fangirl if I met Chris Hardwick and Alan Cumming! Although if I met Alan Cumming I would be really tempted to start singing the entire soundtrack to Cabaret.