This week’s 5 Fandom Friday topic is “Fandoms You’re Thankful For” but the only fandom community I could think of was this one: The Blogging Community. We have our inside jokes, our struggles, our cliches, and our unique culture. I knew I wanted to write a Thanksgiving post about the wonderful love and support this community and this hobby have given to me. This is my 1700th post, y‘all! Can you believe it? That’s a loooong haul!!
1. Blogging makes me feel good! when I sit down with my laptop, things come easily to me. Everything else I’ve ever tried to do was frustrating or demeaning, but I’ve always been able to come back to my drafts, put my heart out there, and feel so proud to hit “publish.”
2. I love reading other blogs! finding a blog I love to read is better than finding a magazine I love, or a TV show to binge. I shamelessly spend hours reading archives. Sometimes I’ll go back to the first post and devour an entire blog in total.
3. My readers are the greatest! The comments that I get – oh, I love comments – are smart, thoughtful, and interesting. I love starting discussions and sparking conversations about the topics I present. That’s the whole point, isn’t it?
4. Blogger chats on Twitter give me life! Bloggers can be so funny, we have lots in common, and it’s a great way to meet new people (and then stalk their blog!) with ideas and helpful hints. Since I’ve joined in chats this summer, loads of new opportunities have opened up and I’ve “met” so many great folks who all encourage each other to do their best!
5. I love having all my memories on here! I love seeing posts from the past pop up to see what my life was like years ago. I love that there’s a record of my past: what my life was like, where I’ve been, the good and the bad. This record fulfills the lifelong dream of having a consistent diary (which I’ve never managed to successfully stick to).
So thank you all, because without you and YOUR blogs, this wouldn’t be nearly as fun. Best wishes and Happy Holidays, all!