SILENCE! There is no other Halloween episode, as far as I am concerned. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is not only essential viewing for Halloween, it is the greatest Halloween special ever created. Wanna fight me, bro? Okay, let’s go:
1. Linus just loves Halloween so much to the point where he actually faints. His divine belief in The Great Pumpkin is so moving in its sincerity that you could almost cry! He forsakes candy, parties, tricks and treats to sit in a pumpkin patch because he truly believes. With that kind of devotion, how can you argue?
2. Sally just loves Linus so much that she sits in a pumpkin patch with him. All night. That’s LOVE.
3. It’s not too scary … the scariest thing turns out to be Snoopy after all! Like, for instance, licking Lucy?
4. … but it is kinda creepy. the World War I flying ace sequences always kinda freaked me out. Maybe it’s the ominous creepy music, or possibly the sinister watercolour backgrounds? Still a little eerie! You get your creepy Halloween bang for your buck too!
5. Sisterly love Linus stays out all night, hoping to meet the Great Pumpkin, and Lucy notices he isn’t in bed. He’s shivering in the pumpkin patch! In what is possibly the most touching moment, she takes him inside, takes off his shoes, and tucks him into bed. That moment when he stops shivering warms my heart every time.
So there’s my reasons why you should just watch It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! JUST WATCH IT! JUST WATCH IT! JUST WATCH IT! Watch it until you can quote it like MEEEEEE and then you’ll always be saying lines from it like “I got a rock!” and “If you try to hold my hand, I’ll slug you!” AND THIS ONE:
3 Comments Add yours
Man, i love that movie! It'll never get old!
XO Ellen from Ask Away
This was on last night. I DVR'd it so I can watch it until the Christmas specials start 🙂
I love this movie and watch it with my son every year 🙂