Autumn is the time when we can get really, REALLY BASIC and declare our love of the obvious – and the less obvious –
1. Jacket weather layering fashion is an art form, ladies and gentlemen. Don’t believe me? You must live in a climate where you never get cold. Fortunately for me, I can pair my spring and summer dresses with sweaters, scarves, and jackets! I culled a few ripped jackets from the collection when I moved over the summer, so my jacket wardrobe has pared down a bit, but thanks to Burning Man, my scarves are going to kill it this year! Get ready!
2. Seasonal beverages is about as basic as you can get but there is nothing better on cold or rainy days than closing your eyes and steaming your face over a cup of something cinnamon and sugary. I haven’t had a real PSL yet this year (it’s still 90 degrees and 90% humidity here in NYC) but I can’t wait to make it happen!
3. New York Comic Con IS LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY! WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?? I’m more excited this year than ever before for panels and I’m bringing a date (score) so I can’t wait to show him the show floor! Uh, did you hear that Rose Tyler will be there this year? Let the Doctor Who nostalgia commence!
4. Ghosts, Murders, and Mayhem Walking Tours my job really picks up in the fall, and is the perfect excuse to bundle up, light a candle, and take a stroll through the streets doing what I love best. Greenwich Village goes all out decorating for Halloween and I’m so excited to get to share that with my tours this fall! If you’re in the New York City area and want a night with me that you’ll never forget, definitely take one of these tours! People love us on Yelp!
5. Central Park sorry, other parks, but Central Park has it on lock for autumn. Why are the leaves there just better than anywhere else? Nature-by-Design, kicking ass and taking names.