Speaking of Con Loot, everyone’s pictures of SDCC looked so fun and yes, I fell for the internet prank of the Firefly cast reuniting. Quick subject change! Showing off some of the cool swag I’ve bought myself at NYCC:
1. Dalek shirt which is so soft and comfortable and lovely!!! Also hilarious because when I was teaching, I felt like I was screeching in a monotone and hated all of humanity – IRONY!
2. Unicorns buying unicorns at Con is a tradition for me now. I’ve been three times. I have three unicorns. Do the math.
3. K-9 was such an impulse buy because I was dressed up as the Fourth Doctor, and I was like “I need a prop!” and so there ya go. Oh, impulse control and cons do not mix well.
4. Pinkie Pie t-shirt has an overly-excited Pinkie Pie. I mean, you just can’t explain the happiness Pinkie Pie brings. You have to experience it yourself.
5. Doctor Who blind box minifigs – Pertwee and McCoy! so I realize now that I get really excited by allllll the Doctor Who merch at cons and that explains more than half of this list. Whoopsie! No regrets. I can’t wait to get the shelving up in the office to
organize all my books stage elaborate fight sequences between these two doctors and Dalek minifigs!