1. Most unflattering hairstyle you ever had? What made it so unflattering? I got a really unfortunate bang trim a while back and actually stopped going to that hairdresser because of it! I don’t really know how to explain what she did, so here’s a picture – it made my forehead look like a toe. Does that make sense? You tell me:
2. Favourite movie(s) that were made in the 90’s? I can’t name a single ’90s movie. The 80’s was where it was at. Earth Girls Are Easy. I’m pretty sure I spent the ’90s watching ’80s movies in syndication on Comedy Central.
3. Do you rent movies? If so, from where? on Hulu! Does that count? Sort of?
4. Do you like cookies better when they’re just out of the oven or after they’ve cooled? Gluten is my mortal enemy! I shall nevermore enjoy freshly-baked goods…
5. Do you still talk to the person who gave you your first kiss? No. But we’re “friends” on facebook, if that counts for anything (spoiler alert: it doesn’t).
6. Did you go to pre-school? If so, what was the name of it? Dude, I was in pre-school. I so do not remember it.
7. How do you take your coffee? I used to take it black black black, with extra black. Now, however, I’ve been adding almond milk. Supreme coffee delight comes from half-coffee, half-almond milk, and a single packet of Splenda.
8. Do you like fuzzy things? YES SO MUCH OMG.
9. Favourite kind of chocolate? somewhere around a 70% dark chocolate.
10. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic? My worst quality is my overabundance of hope.
11. What about peopleofwalmart.com? Do you think the site is mean, funny, or both? 100% mean. Really. Why do you care what other people dress like when they buy auto parts and shampoo? For that matter, why do you care what people dress like on the red carpet of the Oscars? Does it have anything to do with your life?
12. Do you like fat sandwiches? If so, what does your favourite one have on it? Alas, the gluten. But I do like tacos – kind of sandwiches, but can be made with corn tortillas! I kind of adore super-tiny designer tacos with like, fresh pico and grilled mahi mahi mmmmmm
13. One restaurant you’d never been to but would like to go to? I keep hearing good things about this bonkers sushi restaurant on the UES, I need to check it out!
14. Last time you got a haircut? Do you need one? My last haircut was like, a week or two ago? And it’s amazing and fabulous and I adore it. When the time comes for a trim, you can bet I’ll go back to Mariah at Mure Salon – she’s adorable and she always makes me look like a rockstar! And never like my forehead is a toe.
15. What’s your favourite pattern for clothing (stripes, plaid, etc.)? I find myself wearing lots of florals…I love florals…I actually have flowers tattooed on my chest, so sometimes I worry that wearing too many florals makes me look like a walking Claritin ad. But whatever. I love flowers. BRING ON THE BUDS!
16. What’s your age backwards? 03 – but my students say I look like I’m in my twenties and that’s the only reason I haven’t strangled them yet. (Kidding!) (maybe)
17. When you see typos in a survey, do you correct them? YES and I change the spelling to add u’s.
18. When was your last vacation? Did you go someplace special? Binghamton/Owego/Corning/Buffalo. YIKES! It was a lot.
19. What’s your favourite kind of pancakes? This is the third question about gluten. I’m offended. Just kidding – I never really cared for pancakes all that much, anyway.
20. Do you like movies with computer graphics, like Avatar? bleh NO I mean look at the ORIGINAL Star Wars trilogy – all that magic, pre-CGI bullcrap and THEN they added all the stupid stuff and it just looked DUMB and POINTLESS
21. Do you know how to sew? well enough, yeah. With some practice, I could make costumes. I used to!
22. Are you good at wrapping gifts? My family would answer this with a resounding “no.” They allege that I use too much tape. I counter that tape helps keep the present a secret. VIVA LA TAPE
23. Do you like flavoured yogurt? only of the “fro” variety. Regular yogurt, I prefer plain and tart!
24. How old will you be in December of 2015? 31! I’m getting oooooold.
25. What’s the age difference between you and your siblings? I have one brother 2 years younger than me and another 9 years younger. Oldest child, here.