It’s that time of year! Time for Pumpkin Everything. Ornamental gourds? CHECK. Coffee-flavoured beverages? CHECK. Grab your nearest infinity scarf and strap on those black leggings, it’s time to go pumpkin picking! Not real pumpkins, hello, what do you think this is, Long Island? Aw. Hell. Naw. This is Brooklyn, not to be confused with any such thing as Long Island*. You gotta go for the next best thing: Licensed Pumpkin Product Merchandise:
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms exclusively at Target so I made the trek a couple weeks ago to Atlantic Terminal Target. Sniffed everything in their “department of scented candles,” kept myself limited to just TWO pairs of these sexy thick socks right inside the door
(dammit, Target! Why you gotta play me like that huh?) and scoured the whole store for the Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms that can only be found at Target this season. While I’m not sure if they really taste like pumpkin…or latte…(although my boyfriend seems to think they do), they definitely taste GOOD. It’s a classic milk chocolate M&M flavour, but BIG, and I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing.
2. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Candle from Bath & Body Works I adore this scent. I’ve been eyeing the candley version for some time! Well, it would seem the stars aligned in my favour when I found a Bath & Body Works gift card while cleaning and organizing my stuff after the move. I brought it, and a coupon, and got this candle for like 70% off! And another coupon! Keep playing me like your retail marionette, Bath & Body Works. I’ll keep coming back for more. But, back to this candle. I love the three-wick candles because they really light up a room with that glow, and they really stink up your apartment good with that spicy sweet smell! A+++++!
3. Pumpkin Ice Cream from Trader Joe’s is the ULTIMATE pumpkin ice cream. It just makes me happy, OKAY.
4. Canned Pumpkin for my favourite recipe now is the time to stock up! During the next few months, canned pumpkin for my favourite Pumpkin Curry is easily available in stores! I should get some soon, and give my poor hardworking boyfriend a break from cooking for me! If you like spicy, vegetarian cooking, check out this recipe! It’s as easy as opening cans and turning on your stove, I promise! If I can do it…
5. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown okay, this isn’t really a pumpkin product, per se. But my autumnal experience would be incomplete without reciting the dialogue along with the Peanuts gang and this classic cartoon holiday special! “You didn’t tell me you were gonna kill it! Augh!” and who can forget: “I got a rock.” It’s the most sincere of all holiday specials, the most sincere!
In summation, fall is the time for everything pumpkin and unless you’re a loser, you love pumpkin too. Hell, even Teddy Bear, the talking porcupine, loves pumpkin! So get on the damn pumpkin bandwagon and ride that crazy train basic bitches (until it’s peppermint mocha season, of course)!!