I’m not a fan of spinoffs, generally, since Angel was such a disappointment after Buffy. Most of the things I love just happen to wrap up in tidy, complete packages. I can’t imagine, for instance, continuing the story of Les Miserables, or Battlestar Galactica, or Love in the Time of Cholera. So I struggled immensely with this prompt. But in the end, I think I have spun-off some successful concepts – feel free to pick up on these!!
1. The Adventures of Ragdoll (yes, I know everyone was blown up, but when has that ever stopped DC from resurrecting a character?) This could be a prequel to the first run of Secret Six, if need be. Though I must say, the current one is shaping up pretty decent as well! But I would follow this complicated, hilariously unpredictable character through new adventures!
2. Law & Order: Elliot Stabler’s Unit Chris Meloni is a BOSS and I would follow his “unstabler” moments through any ridiculous post he might be reassigned to – even TSA – or parking garage security – or ensuring kids don’t get stuck in crane machines…any kind of detective work, as long as he keeps being “unstable”!
3. Haruka & Michiru: Love Never Dies I’ll leave this one here. Just more screen time with these two. #shipping
4. Podkayne of Earth (…and Beyond) I can’t wait to tell you about this Heinlein novel next week, but one book isn’t enough! I wish he would have, as with so many other books, expanded the Podkayne franchise. I wanna know if she hooks up with that billionaire she was cozy with! I wanna know what trouble her brother gets into! And the triplets! There’s so much more left unanswered and I would follow Podkayne all the way to Earth!
5. Fast Times at Sunnydale High when you’re attending high school in the Hellmouth, who KNOWS what can happen? I would gladly tune in to watch the original cast of Xander, Willow, and Cordelia try to figure out why all their classmates have such weird-looking hickeys? Take me back to Sunnydale High!!! Go Razorbacks!!